Cobbing my cottage

Friday 8 June 2012

In Finland. The time has come, finally, for me to start work. And it has started. These were my plans. My sketches, my ideas:




This is the reality, the now, working on these ideas:



The weather has been good, hardly any rain, mild, mostly sunny - mosquitos and midges are the only nuisance. And my failing muscles, but I am expecting some improvement on that front over the summer.
I have felt guilty for not being able to write this blog on a daily basis, but there are so many things to think about, so many things to do, that in the end of the day, writing a piece of anything is the last thing on my mind. However, I shall try. Because it's good for me. It's good to think, reflect, take a step back, find a perspective.

Next week I will return to London for two weeks and immerse myself in my art once again. I miss my life in London, even though I thoroughly enjoy my time in the forest. But as I already knew, my heart is in two places, maybe, my heart has no particular place, it is a traveller by heart. I suspect many of us have a similar dilemma, challenge or a blessing, however one wants to see it.


I am so very grateful to my parents and my family and everyone who is helping and supporting me with this project - it is my dream but it is not a dream I can achieve on my own. Some days, I admit I cannot see the cottage in my mind's eye and wonder what the hell am I doing here. But most days, I can see it - and feel it. I am getting there.... it is a journey after all. I shall be back here soon, very soon....... :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog by accident through Natural Homes almost a year ago. I have patiently waited for your project to start, so that I can follow your successful doings :)
    I am from winter-lands myself and therefore it's interesting to watch and read how cob-cottages are built to survive in this kind of climate.
    I hope everything goes well for you!
    Follower from Estonia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your interest - I started with the idea of building a cob cottage, but changed it to partial strawbale structure, because of the cold climate, even though this cottage is only for seasonal use and the insulation aspect is not crucial. I am also building a part of the wall with cordwood cob, to test and experiment building with as many materials as possible, so that one day I can build a bigger house with my preferred material. I will update the blog shortly with many pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post!

    Đến với Bruno - shop thoi trang nam dep tại tphcm, bạn có thể chọn mẫu áo nam cực sành điệu hay ao khoac nam cao cap thời trang hàng hiệu hay những ao so mi nam hang hieu cao cap đa dạng mẫu mã với ao so mi nam tay ngan dep hay tay dài với ao so mi nam tay dai dep hay áo công sở với áo sơ mi nam công sở cao cấp hay kiểu sơ mi trắng với áo sơ mi nam trắng hay áo caro với ao so mi caro nam dep hay loại áo thun với áo thun nam cao cấp hay áo thun dài với ao thun nam tay dai hay áo có cổ với ao thun nam co co hang hieu hay áo phông với áo phông nam hay quần nam với quần nam đẹp hay kiểu quần quần lửng nam đẹp thời trang hay quần kaki với quần short kaki nam chín hãng, đa dạng mẫu hay quần short với quần short jean nam đẹp chính hãng hay kiểu dài với quần dài nam đẹp hay quần cao cấp với quần kaki nam cao cấp hay kiểu jean với quan jean nam cao cap hay quần tây với quan tay nam dep hay đến với Bruno - địa chỉ thời trang nam tphcm bạn có thể lựa chon hàng hiệu xách tay hay áo thun với áo thun nam hàng hiệu xách tay hay áo sơ mi với áo sơ mi nam Uniqlo hay áo thun với kiểu áo thun nam Uniqlo hay quần kiểu với quần Uniqlo chín hãng, uy tín.

    ReplyDelete